Mobile Testing Center
The Iowa Clinic offers appointments for novel coronavirus (COVID-19) testing to current Iowa Clinic patients during the following times at our West Des Moines location:
- Monday 12:30pm-4pm
- Tuesday 12:30pm-4pm
- Wednesday 8am-3pm
- Thursday 8am-3pm
- Friday 12:30pm-2pm
- Saturday 10am-12pm
Testing is by appointment only – DO NOT WALK IN. Walk-ins will not be accepted at this time.
Patients with an appointment should remain in their cars for testing while limiting possible exposure to others. Doing this allows for us to keep our patients, healthcare providers and staff as safe as possible while being proactive to hopefully prevent further spreading of the virus.
Please note: due to delays in laboratory testing, it may take up to 6 business days to receive the results of your test.
In order to request an appointment for a COVID-19 test, you will need to meet the following criteria:
- I am an established patient of an Iowa Clinic Primary Care Provider and have been seen by that provider after January 1, 2018. If you are not an Iowa Clinic patient or have not seen your Primary Care Provider before 2018, please visit TestIowa or contact your Primary Care Physician for other testing options in your area.
- I have had first-hand, direct contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 AND/OR:
- I have developed any of the following signs and symptoms of COVID-19 in the last five days:
- Sore throat
- Loss of taste and smell
- Muscle aches
- Respiratory issues
- Fever of 100° F or higher or shaking chills
If you are requesting an appointment for more than one person in your household, only those who have direct contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days will be tested. Second-hand exposures within the same household are not eligible for testing at this time, but individuals should self-isolate with those tested while awaiting test results.
IMPORTANT: Testing appointment requests are reviewed by The Iowa Clinic staff. Any attempt at falsifying information on the testing pre-appointment screening questions will result in cancellation of your appointment.
If you do not meet the above criteria for a testing appointment, please visit TestIowa or contact your Primary Care Physician for other testing options in your area.
What to Expect During your Testing Appointment
When scheduling your COVID-19 testing appointment, you MUST:
- Have a mobile phone with SMS text capabilities or an email address
- Have a valid driver’s license or form of identification
Once you confirm your appointment, you will receive a text message or email with check-in information. The online check-in process is mandatory in order for our staff to complete your testing at your scheduled time.
If you feel this is a true medical emergency, call 9-1-1 or visit your nearest emergency room (call on your way).
Scheduled for a procedure that requires pre-operative COVID-19 testing? Visit this page for details on what to expect once your provider schedules your testing appointment.