Virtual Care Troubleshooting
eClinic Demo Videos
- Can I use eVisits with a different web browser than Firefox or Chrome on my computer or tablet?
No, you will need one of these two browsers to use The Iowa eClinic.
- Can I use eVisits without a camera or microphone?
Unfortunately, you will need a working camera, microphone and speaker(s) in order to use eVisits. While virtual visits are preferred, you can, however, always call your provider’s office directly to schedule a phone consultation.
- Can I use eVisits if I don’t have a smartphone?
Yes, however you will need a tablet or computer with a working camera, microphone and speaker(s) in order to use eVisits.
- How do I sign up for eVisits on my computer?
Visit www.iowaclinic.com/eclinic. If you are an existing patient, select the “I am an existing patient” button and you will be walked through the sign-up process. New or specialty patients must first call the department they wish to see before creating an eClinic account.
- How do I sign up for eVisits on my smartphone?
Download The Iowa eClinic app on the Google Play or App Store, or in The Iowa Clinic app, click the “Virtual Clinic” icon on your home screen, then click “Create an Account.”
- I can’t find/don’t know what a Service Key is.
You do not need to fill out this field. Bypass this screen by clicking “Finish.”
- What do I do if I can’t figure out how to set up my eVisit?
Watch the demo videos above or call 515.875.9250.
- How can I test to make sure my computer will work for eVisits?
From the home screen of The Iowa eClinic, click the “Test Computer” button at the top of the page, then click “Download” to download the installer file. Then click the file that’s been downloaded to run the set up. Finally, click “Launch” to set up a test and make sure your computer is configured correctly for an eVisit. You can also test your microphone and speakers by following the prompts.
- The provider I would like to see/have scheduled with isn’t showing up in the list. How do I find him or her?
Search for the provider by clicking the search bar and typing in your provider’s name.
- My provider is showing as offline and I have an appointment. What do I do?
Your provider may be running late. Refresh your browser until your provider shows as available.
- I scheduled my eVisit and completed my Phreesia check-in. Why hasn’t my appointment started?
You will still need to navigate to The Iowa eClinic at your appointment time – your eVisit will not automatically launch at the completion of your check-in process. You will receive a text message 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time. If you use the link within that text message on your smartphone, you will be redirected to The Iowa eClinic app to either create an account or launch the app. If you are using a computer or tablet for your eVisit, you will still need to visit www.iowaclinic.com/eclinic to get started.
- Can I add other people to my eVisit?
You can, however, we recommend the eVisit remain private between you and your provider.
- I need to show my provider photos of my condition. How do I do that?
Use the “Add Images” field to upload your images. Your provider will be able to see these images during your visit.
- Do I have to fill out the “Primary Care Provider”, “Add Images”, and “Pharmacy” fields?
If you do not have a Primary Care Provider, you can leave the field blank. If you do not have images you would like to share with your provider, you can also skip the “Add Images” field. The “Pharmacy” field is mandatory.
- What do I do at the end of my eVisit?
To end your eVisit, simply click the red “End” button at the top of the screen.
- What should I do if I do not have a working webcam, microphone and speakers?
If you do not have the proper technology for an eVisit, we encourage you to call your providers office. Phone consultations can be scheduled if eVisits are not an option for you.
- Can I access The Iowa eClinic through FollowMyHealth?
You can request an eVisit with your provider through FollowMyHealth but The Iowa eClinic app is not accessible through FollowMyHealth.
- Am I required to complete the pre-registration check-in process before my eVisit?
The pre-registration process is not required but recommended.