Care Management Program
Our Care Management Program helps to connect patients and their families with medical providers and resources to improve and maintain your health. The goal is to educate and support our patients when it comes to their healthcare.
The Care Management Program will help your reach your health goals by:
- Identifying missed preventive care opportunities and work with you to schedule these services during a time that is convenient for you
- Working closely with your Primary Care Provider (PCP), to ensure you receive the best care possible
- Working with you and your PCP to establish a plan of care that works for you
- Providing ongoing monitoring and coordination with your PCP as your medical needs change
- Serving as a resource to you and your family, answering questions about your health or any healthcare needs
- Contacting you after your hospitalization to ensure you are receiving the care you need and have a follow up appointment with your PCP or specialist
What are the benefits of program participation?
We strive to make understanding your healthcare as easy as possible. Some benefits of Care
- Education on a healthy lifestyle
- Education on the benefit of preventive health service
- Providing you with reminders about health services that are due
- Information regarding your specific health conditions
- Identification of additional health problems
- Ongoing support to meet changing care needs
- Collaboration with your PCP and specialist about any services to meet your healthcare needs
Is program participation required?
You are not required to participate in the Care Management Program; however, your PCP highly encourages you to do so. Care Management Programs are provided to improve health outcomes and help you meet your health goals.
Is there a cost to participate?
Care Management is a benefit provided to you by The Iowa Clinic. There is no charge for the Care Management Services.
What can I expect from my participation?
Care Management is first and foremost a partnership with you; you will actively participate in your health improvement plan. We will provide accurate and useful information tailored to your medical situation and advice from your provider.
What should I do in an emergency medical situation?
Care Management works to coordinate all of your care, but a medical emergency can happen at any moment. If your medical need is urgent, please visit one of our Urgent Care clinics – located at our West Des Moines and Ankeny Campuses. In the event of an emergency, please call 911.
Who are Care Managers?
The Care Managers are healthcare professionals trained specifically to provide health coaching and education to patients. You will have a Care Manager that works exclusively with you, your PCP and your support system. Care Managers are Registered Nurses (RNs) or Certified Medical Assistants (CMAs). Your Care Manager will provide you with their contact information.
How did I get chosen for this program?
Patients with various medical conditions are referred to the Care Management Program by their PCP. Your PCP has identified you for the Care Management Program because he/she feels you would benefit from additional support and education for your healthcare. The Care Manager will work closely with your PCP and specialist to help you meet your health goals.
What about the confidentiality and security of personal health information?
Your Care Manager is part of your healthcare provider’s team and complies with HIPAA as well as all State and Federal confidentiality laws. Our patients’ confidentiality is very important to our Care Management team.