Pediatric neurosurgeons are specially trained to treat brain and spinal injuries, deformities, tumors, trauma, and disease in infants, children, and adolescents.
We know your child’s health is #1 priority, and when surgery is needed, an added layer of stress is involved. Our team works closely with your pediatrician to determine whether surgery is the best option and to ensure you are receiving the best care possible for your child. We perform hundreds of procedures annually at the Level 2 Pediatric Trauma Center, Blank Children's Hospital.
Pediatric Conditions & Treatments
- Chiari malformation
- Congenital abnormalities: brain, head, and spine
- Cranial vault remodeling
- Craniofacial disorders and craniosynostosis (abnormal head shape)
- Craniocervical deformity and instability
- Epilepsy surgery
- Moyamoya disease, arteriovenous malformation (AVM) and cavernous malformations
- Spinal dysraphism, tethered cord syndrome, and spina bifida
- Trauma: brain, head, and spine
- Tumors: brain, head, and spine