Services & Treatments
- Prenatal, general and high-risk obstetrical care
- General physical examinations including pap smears
- Adolescent gynecology
Diagnosis and Treatment of
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding
- Infections of female organs
- Cancer of female organs
- Pelvic pain
- Abnormal pap smears evaluated by colposcopy
- Infertility and endocrinology problems
- Urinary incontinence evaluation and treatment
- Surgical procedures related to the female reproductive organs
- Family planning and counseling in methods of birth control
Permanent Birth Control
Permanent birth control for women has now become even more convenient.
The Iowa Clinic OB/GYN Department is now offering women a non–incisional and effective permanent birth control option called Essure – Permanent Birth Control.
Essure is an advancement in permanent birth control that does not involve cutting or the need for general anesthesia, making the procedure a safe and effective in-office procedure.
- 99.80% effective
- Hormone free
- Most women can return to normal activity within one to two days
- Covered by most insurance plans
How it works
Soft, flexible coils are placed into each fallopian tube. During the first three months the coils work to form a tissue barrier blocking sperm.
Less painful periods have now become a reality. An 8-minute treatment performed in your physician’s office can end years of heavy, painful periods.
The obstetricians and gynecologists at The Iowa Clinic are now performing Gynecare Thermachoice – Treatment for Heavy Periods Uterine Balloon Therapy, a procedure to help women suffering from heavy periods to avoid a hysterectomy.
Intended use for GYNECARE THERMACHOICE:
- For premenopausal women who have completed childbearing
- Performed in your physician’s office using local anesthetic
- In most cases menstrual bleeding will be reduced to a moderate or light flow
- NOT recommended for women who still want to have children