Which Hospital is Best for Me?
There are many great options when it comes to delivering your baby in Central Iowa. Below we have outlined the hospitals where we deliver, along with information we hope you find helpful when deciding which hospital is best for you.
Methodist West Hospital
There are many benefits to delivering at Methodist West Hospital, including:
- Large, private birthing suites for every patient, allowing new families to stay in the same room through the duration of their stay
- All deliveries are attended by a Neonatal Nurse Practitioner from Blank Children's Hospital
- Every room is beautifully decorated and include a whirlpool tub for use in early labor, and post-partum, flat screen TV, pull-out couch for family and friends, Wi-Fi and room service for meals
- 24/7 anesthesia for c-sections and epidurals
- Serene environment that is focused on you and your new baby with the nursery located just steps away from your room
- If your baby needs additional care not available out West, both you and your baby will be transferred to Iowa Methodist Medical Center at no additional cost
MercyOne West Des Moines Medical Center
The MercyOne Women & Infants Care Center is available for pregnancy above 32 weeks and offers:
- Private labor and delivery rooms and private postpartum recovery rooms
- State-of-the-art cesarean-section operating suites
- 24/7 anesthesia for C-sections and epidurals
- A four-room Level II neonatal intensive care unit
- In-house neonatologist
- A newborn nursery
MercyOne prenatal classes
Iowa Methodist Medical Center and Blank Children's Hospital
Delivery at Iowa Methodist Medical Center is an option for delivery before the 32 week mark, or if there are significant maternal or fetal conditions. IMMC is located in downtown Des Moines and provides full service obstetric and neonatal care. All the labor rooms are labor/delivery/recovery/post-partum rooms, similar to Methodist West. If a C-section is required, you may move to a different room with a shower instead of a whirlpool tub. There are anesthesiologists and neonatologists in-house 24/7.