Services & Treatments
There are many services The Iowa Clinic Palliative Care team can provide with the goal to relieve symptoms and stress, and improve quality of life. The team consists of two Medical Directors, a Nurse Practitioner, and a Social Worker who will coordinate care with an Iowa Clinic referring physician* and offer support to fulfill the needs associated with a chronic illness. The Palliative Care team will coordinate your care across health care settings to ensure your wishes are respected and honored.
The Palliative Care Team will:
- Focus on relief of symptoms and distress
- Create an individualized care plan that meets the needs and goals of each patient
- Identify and link patients to appropriate available resources and information
- Assist with Advance Care Planning and completion of Advanced Directive
- Provide education about your diagnosis and disease process
- Help clarify treatment goals and options
- Give emotional and spiritual support for you and your loved ones in coping with illness
- Aid with end-of-life decision making if necessary
*To take part in our services, you must be an Iowa Clinic patient. To schedule an appointment with an Iowa Clinic provider please call 515.875.9000.