Skip to Main Content
The Iowa Clinic
CA-125 (Cancer Antigen) (Women)
– Blood test that measures the amount of the protein CA 125 in your blood. Used to monitor certain cancers during and after treatment and can be used to look for early signs of ovarian cancer in women with a high risk of the disease.
CBC (Complete Blood Count)
– Blood test used to evaluate your overall health and detect a wide range of disorders, including anemia, infection and leukemia. Measures several components and features of your blood, including red blood cells, which carry oxygen.
CMP (Complete Metabolic Panel)
– Blood test to help diagnose conditions such as diabetes, liver or kidney disease.
FOBT (Fecal Occult Blood Test)
– A lab test used to check stool samples for hidden (occult) blood. Occult blood in the stool may indicate colon cancer or polyps in the colon or rectum.
– A blood test which indicates the average blood sugar level in the body over the past 2-3 months. This test is used to screen for and diagnose diabetes and prediabetes.
Hepatitis C Antibody (Persons born 1945-1965)
– A blood test that looks for antibodies to the hepatitis C virus. This test indicates if hepatitis C virus has occurred. Persons born between 1945 and 1965 are five times more likely to have hepatitis C than others
– Blood test which measures the amount of cholesterol and triglycerides in your blood.
IRON/TIBC (Total Iron Binding Capacity)
– Group of blood tests that are done to evaluate the iron level in blood serum, the body’s capacity to absorb iron, and the amount of iron actually stored in the body.
TSH (Thyroid Stimulating Hormone )
– Test that measures the amount of TSH in your blood. Used to diagnose and monitor the treatment of a thyroid disorder and help evaluate pituitary gland function.
PSA (Prostate-Specific Antigen) (Men 45+)
– Test is used primarily to screen for prostate cancer. Measures the amount of PSA in your blood.
UA (Urine Analysis) with Micro
– Analysis of the urine to determine the general health of the body and, specifically, kidney function.
Vitamin D Level
– A blood test which measures how much vitamin D is in your body. This test is used to detect potential bone weakness or disorders which can occur as a result of Vitamin D Deficiency.
Treatments and Conditions
Back to top