About Ryan Tomlinson, MD
Dr. Tomlinson is a Primary Care physician with unique credentials; he is board-certified in Internal Medicine and Pediatrics (Med-Peds), meaning he’s trained to care for patients throughout their lives. In addition to caring for otherwise healthy children and adults, Dr. Tomlinson has a passion for caring for lifelong, complex conditions such as congenital heart disease, cystic fibrosis, or those who have survived pediatric cancer.
Dr. Tomlinson received his medical degree from the University of Iowa and his residency at the Medical College of Wisconsin. During his medical residency, some of Tomlinson’s rotations were with physicians from The Iowa Clinic. Tomlinson immediately could feel the sense of community. The providers were always looking out for their patients. They were in constant communication with each other, working together to provide the best possible care. That's when he knew that was the kind of doctor he wanted to be and The Iowa Clinic was the place to do it.
As a native of Slater/Huxley, Dr. Tomlinson is excited to grow his practice close to home. When not working, he enjoys spending time with family, cooking (especially trying new international cuisines), traveling and the Iowa State Fair.
- Well Child Care including Newborn Care
- Well Adult Care
- Chronic Disease Management (e.g. diabetes, hypertension, asthma, COPD, etc.)
- Transitional Medicine – providing primary care for children with complex, often life-long or life-limiting medical conditions (cystic fibrosis, pediatric cancer survivors, etc.)
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Board of Pediatrics
Medical College of Wisconsin
University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine
University of Pennsylvania