About Christopher Bell, MD
Christopher Bell, MD, joined the Iowa Clinic after his General Surgery residency at Iowa Methodist Medical Center where most of his attendings were Iowa Clinic surgeons. He recognized teamwork, talent, and dedication in these physicians and could not pass up an opportunity to join them.
Dr. Bell chose General Surgery due to the breadth of surgery that is practiced in this specialty. He is also drawn to the emphasis and prevalent use of minimally invasive techniques. The most rewarding part of his job is fixing a surgical problem and interacting with his patients.
When not working, Dr. Bell tries to stay active by riding his bike, playing tennis, and golfing. He also enjoys reading spy thrillers and watching crime documentaries.
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Robotic Surgery
- Abdominal Wall Reconstruction
American Board of Surgery
- Fundamentals of Endoscopic Surgery (FES)
- Fundamentals of Laparoscopic Surgery (FLS)
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
Iowa Methodist Medical Center
University of Missouri School of Medicine
Kansas State University
- Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons
- American College of Surgeons