About Tyler Bertroche, MD
Share this page
Tyler Bertroche, MD, joined the Iowa Clinic because of our positive and collaborative atmosphere and unique focus on personalized care for every patient. Dr. Bertroche strongly believes in the importance of having a medical home and is proud that The Iowa Clinic brings together all the key providers and specialties to create this important place for patients.
A native of Cedar Rapids, he is very excited to be back in Iowa after completing his Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery residency training at Washington University in St. Louis. He received his medical degree from The University of Iowa where he graduated at the top of his class and was the president of the AOA Medical Honor Society and was also inducted into the Gold Humanism Honor Society. Dr. Bertroche enjoys taking care of patients of all ages and is passionate about otolaryngology due to the incredible breadth of both surgical and non-surgical options including various endoscopic and minimally invasive techniques.
When he is not in the clinic or the operating room, Dr. Bertroche enjoys spending time with his wife Joy (who also works at the Iowa Clinic in the Pediatrics department) and his son. He likes to stay active through a variety of sports, however, his favorite activity is scuba diving and he recently completed his Master Diver certification.
Ear, Nose, & Throat (ENT)
- Head and neck cancer
- Sleep surgery for sleep apnea and snoring
- Sinus problems including minimally invasive sinus procedures
- Thyroid and parathyroid disorders
- Salivary Gland Disease
- Facial plastic and reconstructive surgery
- Hearing loss and tinnitus
- Pediatric ear, nose, and throat problems
- Voice and swallowing disorders including laryngeal microsurgery
Wasington University in St. Louis
University of Iowa
Washington University in St. Louis
- American Medical Association
- American Academy of Ear, Nose, and Throat-Head and Neck Surgery