Specialty Virtual Care – The Iowa eClinic
eVisits with Iowa Clinic specialty providers are available by appointment through The Iowa eClinic. It's safe, easy and efficient.
What is The Iowa eClinic?
The Iowa eClinic is a secure, HIPAA compliant platform to conduct an online video consult with a healthcare professional.
Through the convenience of online video, we provide consultations to Iowa Clinic patients, answer medical questions, diagnose illnesses and evaluate injuries.
- Each visit is up to 15 minutes for existing patients and up to 30 minutes for new patients
- Visits can be treated similarly to in-clinic visits
- The eClinic is 100% local - staffed only by Iowa Clinic providers
Before you get started with a specialty provider, you must:
- Be an established patient with the provider you wish to see. New patients should call the department first to be registered as a new patient before using The Iowa eClinic.
- Be 18 and older or ages 1-17 with an adult present
- Have a working webcam and microphone
- Be physically located in the state of Iowa
To schedule your eVisit appointment, call your provider’s department and inform them you’d like to schedule an eVisit.
When you’re ready for your appointment, get started below.
START MY EVISIT
- What is the Iowa eClinic?
The Iowa eClinic allows you to have a secure online video consult with an Iowa Clinic provider. The virtual visit is conducted via your computer using a high-speed internet connection.
- Who is eligible for a visit at The Iowa eClinic?
This service is available for patients age 18 and older or ages 1-17 with an adult present. All patients must be an established patient with The Iowa Clinic. New patients should call the department they wish to see in order to be eligible for virtual care.
- How much does this service cost?
At this time there is no up-front fee for an eVisit. The Iowa Clinic will bill the insurance you have on file. If you have no insurance, you will be financially responsible for your visit.
- What if I'm not feeling better?
If your condition does not improve after your visit to The Iowa eClinic, you will need to schedule an office visit with your primary care provider.
- Can I be treated for two conditions at once?
Yes, we can treat you for multiple symptoms related to a single condition.
For two separate symptoms such as acne and flu, we will require separate visits to treat conditions separately. IMPORTANT: You will be charged for each visit.
- What types of prescriptions can you prescribe?
Medications to treat and reduce symptoms for most common medical conditions can be prescribed during an eVisit and may include antibiotics, antiviral or other over-the-counter and prescription-strength medications. (example: narcotics)
- Can I use The Iowa eClinic to refill a prescription?
Yes. We can provide prescription refills for you until your provider can see you in the office.
- How do I enroll in this service?
Register by visiting iowaclinic.com/eclinic.