See an Iowa Clinic provider immediately…without leaving your home or office.
easy | efficient | eClinic
What is The Iowa eClinic?
The Iowa eClinic is a secure, HIPAA compliant platform to conduct an online video consult with a healthcare professional.
Through the convenience of online video, we provide consultations to answer medical questions, diagnose illnesses, and evaluate injuries.
- Each visit is 15 minutes and the cost is $40
- This service is for established patients only
- The eClinic is 100% local - staffed only by The Iowa Clinic providers
- The eClinic is available Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm
Create your account today…so when you are sick, you’re just a few clicks away from your e-visit.
Options to get started:
How it Works
- You will be asked to create a new account by answering a few simple questions (less than 5 minutes).
- On average, you’ll wait less than 15 minutes to see a provider.
- You do not have to wait by your computer – we will call or text you when it’s time to get started.
- You must be an established patient with an Iowa Clinic primary care physician. (Internal Medicine | Family Medicine | Pediatrics)
- This new service is available for patients age 18 and older or ages 2-17 with an adult present.
- The Iowa eClinic is available Monday- Friday 8am–5pm.
- You will be seen by an Iowa Clinic provider who has access to your electronic medical record.
- All of the notes from your e-Visit will go to your Iowa Clinic primary care physician.
What is the Iowa eClinic?
The Iowa eClinic allows you to have a secure online video consult with an Iowa Clinic provider. The virtual visit is conducted via your computer, smartphone or tablet using a high-speed internet connection.
Who is eligible for a visit at The Iowa eClinic?
This service is available for patients age 18 and older or ages 2-17 with an adult present. All patients must be established with an Iowa Clinic primary care provider (PCP).
What are the hours of The Iowa eClinic?
The Iowa eClinic is available Monday through Friday 8am–5pm. After you complete the registration process, you will receive a text message alerting you when the provider is ready to start the virtual visit. Average wait time is 15 minutes
How much does this service cost?
The introductory cost for a visit at The Iowa eClinic is $40. This fee must be paid by credit or debit card during the check-in process prior to the consultation.
What if I’m not feeling better?
If your condition does not improve after your visit to The Iowa eClinic, you will need to schedule an office visit with your primary care provider.
Can I be treated for two conditions at once?
Yes, we can treat you for multiple symptoms related to a single condition. For two separate symptoms such as acne and flu, we will require separate visits to treat conditions separately. IMPORTANT: You will be charged for each visit.
What types of prescriptions can you prescribe?
Medications to treat and reduce symptoms for most common medical conditions can be prescribed during an eVisit, and may include antibiotics, antiviral or other over-the-counter and prescription strength medications. We don’t prescribe or refill substances that can be addictive and are controlled by the Drug Enforcement Agency. (example: narcotics)
Can I use The Iowa eClinic to refill a prescription?
Yes. We can provide a temporary, short-term refill for you until you can be seen by your provider in the office. (REMINDER – narcotics cannot be refilled.)
How do I enroll in this service?
Patients with an Iowa Clinic primary care provider can register for the eClinic by visiting iowaclinic.com and clicking on The Iowa eClinic icon or you can download The Iowa eClinic App from the iTunes Store or the Google Play store.
IMPORTANT: Web-based consults require Google Chrome or Firefox.