Virtual Care – The Iowa eClinic
See an Iowa Clinic provider immediately without leaving your home or office. It's safe, easy and efficient.
What is The Iowa eClinic?
The Iowa eClinic is a secure, HIPAA compliant platform to conduct an online video consult with a healthcare professional.
Through the convenience of online video, we provide consultations to current Iowa Clinic patients, answer medical questions, diagnose illnesses and evaluate injuries.
- Each visit is 15 minutes, and the cost is $40
- This service is established patients only
- The eClinic is 100% local - staffed only by The Iowa Clinic providers
- The eClinic is available Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm
Create your account today, so when you are sick, you're just a few clicks away from your eVisit.
Options to get started:
How it works
- Create a new account by clicking "sign up for Amwell"
- Select a provider
- Answer a few simple questions (less than 5 minutes)
- Select your pharmacy and enter your payment information
- Download and install the video application
- Click "launch"
- Once it has installed and click "open"
- On average, you'll wait less than 15 minutes to see a provider
- You must be an established patient with an Iowa Clinic primary care physician. (Internal Medicine | Family Medicine | Pediatrics)
- You must have a working webcam and microphone.
- This new service is available for patients age 18 and older or ages 2-17 with an adult present.
- The Iowa eClinic is available Monday- Friday 8am – 5pm.
- All of the notes from your eVisit will go to your Iowa Clinic primary care physician.
- What is the Iowa eClinic?
The Iowa eClinic allows you to have a secure online video consult with an Iowa Clinic provider. The virtual visit is conducted via your computer using a high-speed internet connection.
- Who is eligible for a visit at The Iowa eClinic?
This service is available for patients age 18 and older or ages 2-17 with an adult present. All patients must be established with an Iowa Clinic primary care provider (PCP).
- What are the hours of The Iowa eClinic?
The Iowa eClinic is available Monday through Friday 8am – 5pm.
- How much does this service cost?
The introductory cost for a visit at The Iowa eClinic is $40. This fee must be paid by credit or debit card during the check-in process before the consultation.
- What if I'm not feeling better?
If your condition does not improve after your visit to The Iowa eClinic, you will need to schedule an office visit with your primary care provider.
- Can I be treated for two conditions at once?
Yes, we can treat you for multiple symptoms related to a single condition.
For two separate symptoms such as acne and flu, we will require separate visits to treat conditions separately. IMPORTANT: You will be charged for each visit.
- What types of prescriptions can you prescribe?
Medications to treat and reduce symptoms for most common medical conditions can be prescribed during an eVisit and may include antibiotics, antiviral or other over-the-counter and prescription-strength medications. We don't prescribe or refill substances that can be addictive and are controlled by the Drug Enforcement Agency. (example: narcotics)
- Can I use The Iowa eClinic to refill a prescription?
Yes. We can provide a temporary, short-term refill for you until your provider can see you in the office. (REMINDER – narcotics cannot be refilled.)
- How do I enroll in this service?
Register by visiting iowaclinic.com and clicking on the Iowa eClinic icon.
IMPORTANT: Web-based consults require Google Chrome or Firefox.