What is The Iowa eClinic?
The Iowa eClinic is a secure, HIPAA-compliant platform you can use for an online video consultation with a local healthcare professional.
Through the convenience of online video, we provide consultations, answer medical questions, diagnose illnesses, provide ongoing disease management and evaluate injuries.
- Each visit is up to 15 minutes
- The eClinic is 100% local - staffed only by Iowa Clinic providers
- The eClinic is available 8am-6pm Monday through Friday and 8am-noon on the weekends for primary care and by appointment only for specialty providers
- The Iowa Clinic will bill the insurance you have on file. If you have no insurance, you will be financially responsible for your visit.
Before you get started with virtual care:
- You must be an established patient with an Iowa Clinic physician; new patients must call the department they wish to see during normal business hours in order to be eligible for virtual care.
- This new service is available for patients age 18 and older or ages birth-17 with an adult present
- You must have a working webcam and microphone
- You must be physically located in the state of Iowa
- For participating specialty providers, you must first call the provider's office to schedule an eVisit appointment
IMPORTANT: Web-based consults require Google Chrome or Firefox.