See an Iowa Clinic provider 7am-7pm, Monday through Sunday without leaving your home. It's safe, easy and efficient.
What is The Iowa eClinic?
The Iowa eClinic is a secure, HIPAA compliant platform to conduct an online video consult with a healthcare professional.
Through the convenience of online video, we provide consultations, answer medical questions, diagnose illnesses and evaluate injuries.
- Each visit is up to 15 minutes
- The eClinic is 100% local - staffed only by Iowa Clinic providers
- The eClinic is available Monday – Sunday, 7am – 7pm for primary care and by appointment only for specialty providers
- The Iowa Clinic will bill the insurance you have on file. If you have no insurance, you will be financially responsible for your visit.
Before you get started:
- You must be an established patient with an Iowa Clinic physician; new patients must call the department they wish to see during normal business hours in order to be eligible for virtual care.
- This new service is available for patients age 18 and older or ages birth-17 with an adult present
- You must have a working webcam and microphone
- You must be physically located in the state of Iowa
- For participating specialty providers, you must first call the provider's office to schedule an eVisit appointment
- What is the Iowa eClinic?
The Iowa eClinic allows you to have a secure online video consult with an Iowa Clinic provider. The virtual visit is conducted via your computer using a high-speed internet connection.
- Who is eligible for a visit at The Iowa eClinic?
This service is available for patients age 18 and older or ages birth-17 with an adult present. All patients must be an established patient with The Iowa Clinic. New patients should call the department they wish to see in order to be eligible for virtual care.
- What are the hours of The Iowa eClinic?
The Iowa eClinic is available Monday – Sunday, 7am – 7pm and by appointment only for specialty providers.
- How much does this service cost?
At this time there is no up-front fee for an eVisit. The Iowa Clinic will bill the insurance you have on file. If you have no insurance, you will be financially responsible for your visit.
- What if I'm not feeling better?
If your condition does not improve after your visit to The Iowa eClinic, you will need to schedule an office visit with your primary care provider.
- Can I be treated for two conditions at once?
Yes, we can treat you for multiple symptoms related to a single condition.
For two separate symptoms such as acne and flu, we will require separate visits to treat conditions separately. IMPORTANT: You will be charged for each visit.
- What types of prescriptions can you prescribe?
Medications to treat and reduce symptoms for most common medical conditions can be prescribed during an eVisit and may include antibiotics, antiviral or other over-the-counter and prescription-strength medications. (example: narcotics)
- Can I use The Iowa eClinic to refill a prescription?
Yes. We can provide prescription refills for you until your provider can see you in the office.
- How do I enroll in this service?
Register by visiting iowaclinic.com/eclinic.
IMPORTANT: Web-based consults require Google Chrome or Firefox.